A Quinceanera is one of the most significant events in a girl’s life, a chance to celebrate her growth, culture, and loved ones. We love capturing Colorado Quinceaneras, and we believe that a professional photographer and videographer is an essential part of these events.
Make sure each moment and memory is in expert hands, and hire a premiere Quinceneara Photographer Colorado offers.
Today we’re helping you plan a beautiful Quinceanera, from the venue to the photography and videography. Read along to ensure that your party goes off without a hitch.
What is a Quinceanera?
The Quinceanera (or Quince for short) is a rite-of-passage custom that’s observed in Mexican and Latino communities. It honors a girl’s fifteenth birthday, signifying her transition from child to woman. These are typically elaborate, gorgeous celebrations complete with decor, dancing, food, and a stunning ball gown for the guest of honor.
Quinceanera is both the name of the celebration and the girl being honored.
While Quinceaneras come in all shapes and sizes, it’s common for families to spend more on a girl’s fifteenth birthday than her wedding. This shows how important this milestone is for everyone involved in her life.
The official start of the Quinceanera is the mass or blessing ceremony, but the Quince Girl’s day begins long before her walk down the aisle. She’ll need to start her hair & makeup early in the morning, take portraits, enjoy the day with her family and court, and travel between locations.
Are you planning a Colorado Quinceanera? You can book a Quinceanera photographer in Colorado for a full day. This allows us to capture these candid moments, frame-worthy portraits, and the entire ceremony and reception.
After the ceremony, it’s time for the reception. Friends and family will come together to eat, dance, and take part in the special rituals that mark this important milestone. Here are some of the top traditions that we love capturing at each Quinceanera:
- The Court’s entrance into the reception
- The Quince Girl’s grand entrance
- Crowning of the Quinceanera, the trading of shoes, and the passing of the doll (or the La Ultima Muñeca)
- Special dances with the father, family, and the court
- Toasts to the Quinceanera are one of the most emotional times for everyone, including us.
- Open Dance Floor – As a Quinceanera photographer in Colorado, I love capturing everyone’s dance moves and the fun moments that happen throughout the night.
Quinceanera Venues in Colorado
The right location can elevate any Quinceanera. You’ll want to ensure there’s room for all your guests to mingle, eat, dance, and honor the Quince Girl. Many wedding venues work great for Quinceaneras, but customization is key for these unique celebrations.
Here are a few of our favorite places for Quinceaneras in Colorado:
- Infinity Park Event Center (Glendale, CO): This event center boasts a Quinceanera ballroom that can accommodate 700 people. Their events manager can help oversee lighting, set up, and other details to ensure your event is polished and stylish.
- Bella Sera Event Center (Brighton, CO): There’s a whimsical Tuscan vibe at Bella Sera Event Center, perfect for both the Quinceanera Ceremony and Reception. Choose one of their inclusive packages or opt for the DIY option. The capacity is 250 at this Brighton event venue. Learn More about Bella Sera Event Center Colorado on our blog here.
- The Garden Room (Loveland, CO): You’ll find a lot of flexibility at the Garden Room in Loveland. You can choose to BYO food and alcohol, and the space is a blank slate for your decor. Invite up to 250 guests to party in this simple yet spacious venue.
- Pinecrest Weddings & Event Center (Palmer Lake, CO): Rustic yet functional, Pinecrest Weddings & Event Center offers a ceremony chapel, a lodge-style event hall, and scenic grounds for portraits. Have up to 225 guests at this pretty location. See our complete guide to Pinecrest Weddings here.
- Sangre de Cristo Arts Center (Pueblo, CO): The Jackson Conference Center at the Sangre de Cristo Arts Center features a commercial kitchen, space for 500 attendees, and great photo opportunities. Works well for DIY families or if you’re hiring a Quinceanera coordinator.
- Moss Denver (Denver, CO): This is a gorgeous place to host your Quinceanera in Colorado. The event room can hold 200 guests for your celebration, and you can party under the magnificent chandeliers. The Moss Denver has a modern, industrial vibe – perfect for a Quince Girl looking for a unique setting.
Hiring a Quinceanera Photographer in Colorado
Hiring a great photographer is one of the most important parts of planning a Quinceanera. You put so much care into creating an unforgettable event, and professional photos will ensure that these memories can be treasured and shared.
A professional photographer will have the skills and equipment needed to capture the moments that mean so much to you – from the sweet candid interactions to the all-important portraits. This is a once-in-a-lifetime celebration for your Quince Girl, don’t leave the images up to chance.
Hiring a pro will also free up your family to truly enjoy the day. They don’t need to watch the day through their phones – instead they can be fully in the moment.
And while most Colorado wedding photographers will have the skills needed to capture the ceremony and reception, hiring someone like us who is knowledgeable about Quinceaneras will ensure that they’re fully prepared to document your day.
Want to learn more about how we can capture your Quince? Click here to learn more about what we offer as a Quinceanera Photographer in Colorado.