Get out of the city and say your vows in a relaxed, scenic setting with Pinecrest Weddings & Event Center. This quiet, mountain-view venue located in the small town of Palmer Lake, Colorado. It features an earthy ambiance with modern amenities, along with an attentive staff and flexible planning options.
There’s a lot to consider when choosing a wedding venue, and we’re here to help. We’ve gathered all the best information about Pinecrest so you can discover what makes this location an ideal spot for many couples. So keep reading to learn all about this Rocky Mountain gem.
A Pinecrest Wedding Day
You’ll begin your wedding at Pinecrest by enjoying their two modern getting-ready areas. The bridal suite has six makeup stations, its own outdoor entrance, and a spa-like bathroom. Its beautiful interior invites you to relax as you prepare for the day, and it looks great in photographs.
There is also a groom’s quarter with a pool table, big-screen TV, a comfy sofa, and a refrigerator.
Most ceremonies take place inside the chapel. Its whitewashed walls and hanging chandeliers offer a neutral environment for any wedding aesthetic. Lean into the venue’s rustic charm or style it into a chic, blossoming space. You can bring your own wedding officiant to the chapel, allowing you to have a nonreligious or faith-based ceremony of your choice.
Pinecrest Weddings & Event Center also has a creekside outdoor lawn where you can wed among the trees and mountains.
Colorado wedding photographers love Pinecrest’s dynamic and beautiful setting, so your portraits here will be super dreamy. The venue is located at the base of Chautauqua Mountain – it’s scenic and serene any time of year.
Pinecrest opened as a youth camp in the 1950s and still holds a spirit of escapism and rural adventure. But it’s also elegant. Its indoor spaces have been renovated to maintain both an elevated comfort and a strong sense of place.
After the ceremony and photos, you can enjoy dinner and dancing with your guests in the spacious and well-maintained event center. It’s a lodge-style setting with a stone fireplace, built-in bar, and prep kitchen.
Receptions include round tables for guests, farmhouse tables for the bridal party, and stylish cross-back chairs.
A Customizable Planning Process
Pinecrest is family-owned and offers flexibility you may not find at higher-end venues. The staff brings decades of experience and professionalism while also providing a relaxed planning process.
Reviewers rave over the venue’s staff, from their excellent communication to their willingness to go above and beyond to make each day go off without a hitch.
Their comprehensive packages include the option to hire your own vendors, so it’s a great place for both DIY and hands-off couples.
Pinecrest Weddings & Event Center accommodates up to 250 guests for a ceremony and reception. You may need to have a minimum guest count of 80-100 people, depending on the season and day of the week.
Each booking includes an onsite coordinator who will help keep your day running smoothly by managing vendors, keeping track of your timeline, and directing guests.
The Location: Palmer Lake, Colorado
Pinecrest is a convenient location for many Colorado couples and guests. The small town of Palmer Lake is right off I-25 between Denver and Colorado Springs, so it works well for groups coming from either area, along with out-of-state visitors who want to enjoy a mountain vacation.
The town’s quiet atmosphere gives Pinecrest Weddings & Event Center an authentically rustic vibe, but you’ll need to travel to some of the nearby areas to enjoy hotels and attractions. Ahead, we’ve outlined some of the best accommodation and activity options to offer guests.
Accommodations Near Pinecrest Weddings and Event Center
Whether you want to immerse yourself in Palmer Lake’s quiet mountainside setting or enjoy a complete Colorado vacation, there are many accommodation options near Pinecrest. Here are some of the best options for you and your guests:
- Palmer Lake Airbnbs -There aren’t any hotels right in Palmer Springs, so if you want to stay minutes away from the wedding venue, you should look to Airbnb.
- Hotels along I-25 – Hotels by the Airforce Academy or North Colorado Springs will be 15-20 minutes from Pinecrest, while Castle Rock hotels will be 30-40 minutes away.
- Pikes Peak and Colorado Springs Getaway – Colorado Springs offers an array of accommodation options, including chain hotels, dude ranches, and unique Airbnbs. It takes about 30-40 minutes to get to Pinecrest from the heart of Colorado Springs.
- Castle Rock Accommodations – Out-of-state guests who want to do a lot of sightseeing and adventures can enjoy both Denver and Colorado Springs activities while being just 30-40 minutes from Pinecrest.
Guests may want to spend a few extra hours or even days exploring the areas around Pinecrest. There is so much natural beauty and family-friendly adventures to be found. Here are some top activities that guests can enjoy while celebrating your big day:
- Downtown Palmer Lake is a small and charming area with coffee shops, boutiques, and antique shops.
- Explore the Rocky Mountains by touring the Colorado Springs area. Garden of the Gods, Red Rock Canyon, and Rock Park offer beautiful scenery that visitors will love.
- Kid-Friendly Adventures include the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo in Colorado Springs and ziplining in Castle Rock. The US Airforce Academy is close to Palmer Lake and is free to visit.
Booking Pinecrest Weddings & Event Center
Pinecrest Weddings and Event Centers is a popular wedding destination thanks to its countryside serenity and modern amenities. Here are the top reasons couples love this beautiful venue:
- It’s close to Colorado Springs and convenient to Denver.
- The serene outdoor setting is great for photographs.
- The neutral indoor ceremony chapel is a blank slate for any aesthetic, and the lodge-style reception area is spacious and beautiful.
- It’s relatively affordable compared to other Colorado wedding venues but still offers a great experience for couples and their guests.
- The onsite bridal suite and groom’s quarters allow couples to have a more relaxing wedding day.
Ready to begin planning your Pinecrest wedding? Get in touch with Dgass Photography to see how we can help capture your big day!
Discover even more beautiful Colorado Wedding Venues here!