When you choose a Colorado Mountain wedding, you want to capture its strong sense of place: the luxe ambiance of the resort communities and the abundant natural beauty. You want to be surrounded by life and activities while feeling like you’re away from it all. Weddings at Westin Resort in Avon, Colorado, allow you to have all this and more.
Let’s explore this unique wedding venue and see how it can create a wedding that will enthrall your guests and endure as one of your favorite memories.
An Unbeatable Vail & Beaver Creek Location
The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa is in the town of Avon, Colorado, just minutes from Beaver Creek Resort and Vail Village.
Many visitors will stay in Avon because accommodations are simpler and lower cost, with one great exception: The Westin Riverfront Resort.
Conde Nast Traveler named the Avon Westin one of the 50 best resorts in the world, and you can see why. The stylish property offers top-notch accommodations with convenience to the area’s best attractions.
Take their gondola directly to Beaver Creek Mountain or drive into Vail Village for even more great skiing options. Cozy up in the resort’s bubble or venture to Avon’s shopping & dining options, many of which are within walking distance of the hotel.
This location works great for Weddings at Westin Resort in Avon, Colorado, because it gives guests options. Options to stay at a lower-cost property or a different luxe resort. Options for activities, like hiking and dining, skiing, and golfing. And options for their vacation. Stay a while in Vail Valley or continue to other Colorado Adventures.
It takes about two hours to drive to Avon from Denver.
Looking to marry closer to town? Check out our favorite Colorado Wedding Venues within an hour of Denver International Airport.
There is a lot to love about the Westin Riverfront Resort. We’ve talked about its great location, and soon we’ll dive into its incredible wedding venues. But first, let’s highlight some of the key features of this property that make it such a draw for all kinds of visitors.
- All rooms are oversized and feature mountain views. Upper-level suites have balconies and even more space.
- They offer unique activities in any season: skiing, fly fishing, hiking, sleigh rides, ice skating, rafting, and golfing.
- Their outdoor heated pool and three hot tubs are open year-round.
- Their onsite restaurant, Stoke & Rye, presents elevated local flavor in a relaxed atmosphere. The team at Stoke & Rye provides catering for weddings at Westin Resort in Avon, Colorado.
- There is also a Cafe & Bar in the Westin, along with a Starbucks.
- Their Spa Anjali offers world-class services in a luxe environment.
Planning Weddings at Westin Resort in Avon, Colorado
Now that you know why the Westin is such a great place to stay, it’s time to begin planning your wedding here. The staff can provide catering, event planning, and room block management, allowing you to focus on the details that mean the most to you.
The Ceremony & Portraits
Wedding ceremonies at the Westin Riverfront can take advantage of the resort’s incredible setting. Marry by the Eagle River with Beaver Creek Mountain standing tall as your backdrop.
The property has so many great places for portraits, so be sure to plan plenty of time with your Colorado wedding photographer. Embrace romance and nature as you capture your newlywedded bliss in the stunning setting.
Pro Tip: Book an additional session to capture Colorado Wedding Photography in the nearby Mountains. An adventurous couples session is a fun activity during your wedding weekend.
Receptions & Celebrations
After you’ve become a married couple, it’s time to celebrate. This time is all about you and your guests, and the Westin Team can create a reception that is true to you.
Cocktail hours typically occur on their grand outdoor terrace, and then dinner and dancing will be in one of their two ballrooms: Riverside or Gondola. These two spaces offer a dynamic, modern setting for all wedding styles.
Capacity for Weddings at Westin Resort in Avon, Colorado
You can have up to 240 people at your Avon Westin Wedding. The resort also welcomes Colorado Elopements.
Reception pricing is based on a food & beverage minimum that varies based on your guest size, room preference, and date/time. This will be about $18,000 – $25,000 and can include meals and drinks during your cocktail hour and reception.
Per-person costs for catering & drinks average around $200.
Ceremony fees are about $2,500 and include exclusive access to the riverfront lawn along with chairs.
Anyone interested in Weddings at Westin Resort in Avon, Colorado, should contact their events team for a comprehensive, up-to-date quote.
You want your mountain wedding to be a well-rounded getaway for you and your guests. This means you’ll look for activities beyond the wedding day – options for all kinds of vacationers who came from near and far to celebrate with you.
Here are some of the most popular activities in Avon and Vail:
- Shopping and Dining in Vail Village
- Skiing in Vail or Beaver Creek Mountain
- Walking Mountains Science Center has multiple campuses in Vail and Avon that offer education, guided hikes, and other nature programs.
- Year-round outdoor activities include hiking, fly fishing, snowmobiling, snowshoeing, ice skating, ziplining, golfing, and rafting.
- The Betty Ford Alpine Gardens in Vail is a great place to see some of the area’s most beautiful wildlife. It’s free to visit, but donations are encouraged.
- There are dozens of restaurants within a mile of the Westin, including upscale Vin48 and casual Rocky Mountain Taco.
Creating Your Ideal Mountain Wedding
Weddings at Westin Resort in Avon, Colorado, can embody any style, but some things hold strong no matter what. You’ll find a strong sense of place, a balance of earthiness and luxury, and the ease of planning you need for destination weddings.
And when it’s time to capture your wedding day, we’ll be there for you, honoring every detail, each emotion, and the scenery that drew you to Vail Valley.
Contact us today to learn more about our wedding photography in Vail.