Aspen is the ultimate location for a Destination Wedding, whether you are visiting from Colorado or from afar. It’s here that striking scenery sets the tone for elevated experiences, from the posh hotels to the upscale shops and restaurants.
The Little Nell embodies the best of Aspen: its rich character and natural sophistication. And weddings there are simply unbeatable.
If you want a premiere mountain wedding, look no further than The Little Nell. Keep reading to learn all about the hotel’s multiple event spaces, along with tips and ideas to create an incredible experience for you and your guests.
The Little Nell Hotel, An Aspen Standard
Located right in ritzy, bustling Aspen, The Little Nell sets the standard for style and service. It’s the city’s only five-star Hotel with ski-in / ski-out access, and Silver Queen Gondola is only steps away from the entrance.
The hotel boasts 92 guest rooms and suites, two restaurants, two bars, and two speakeasies, plus a coziness that balances out its chic, breezy vibe. Drink fine wine by the expansive fireplace, have the concierge create a custom itinerary, relax in their luxurious hotel rooms, or hit the slopes for a day of adventure.
Or get married. After all, the posh hotel beckons visitors to embrace a sense of adventure and sweeping romance. Isn’t that what most couples look for when they dream of a mountain wedding?
Weddings at The Little Nell
The Little Nell offers all-around perfection for weddings. The photo opportunities are unmatched – Elk Mountain Range stands as a backdrop, uniquely beautiful any time of year.
The service is world-class, and you can look forward to your day knowing that their team will handle each detail with care.
And then there’s the overall adventure: Gondola rides, fine dining, dreamy views, and the chance to spend time in an iconic and exclusive locale.
While you must use the venue’s catering and bar team, you are allowed to source your own vendors, including Colorado wedding photography.
Have 20 to 500 guests at your Little Nell Wedding, depending on the venue you select. We’ve highlighted their most popular ceremony and reception spots below so you can discover which one will be best for your big day.
The Wedding Overlook
The Wedding Overlook can hold weddings in any season, though you’ll need to schedule a winter wedding in March or April. You and your guests will reach this 11,200-foot-high setting by taking a scenic gondola ride.
Up to 175 people can join you for a ceremony at the Wedding Overlook, which features 360-degree mountain views.
The Wedding Deck
The Wedding Deck is available for summer and fall weddings and is also accessible only by gondola. The scenic Wedding Deck can accommodate 250 guests.
ASPENX Mountain Club
Cocktail Hours typically occur at the ASPENX Mountain Club (formerly the Aspen Mountain Club). This indoor event space offers mountain views from each window. Plus, it’s a chance for guests to spend time at a highly exclusive club. You can have up to 250 guests for cocktail hour or 120 for dinner at the ASPENX Mountain Club.
The Sundeck is home to many refined receptions. The windows look out onto the romantic Aspen scenery, the rock fireplace lends coziness to the spacious room, and the patio offers guests the chance to catch a breath of fresh mountain air between dinner and dancing.
The Sundeck can hold up to 300 guests for dinner or 500 for an indoor ceremony.
Guests of Little Nell Weddings
You want to impress your guests with a wow-worthy Aspen wedding. But you also want them to feel comfortable and cared for.
As you prepare your guests for their overall vacation in Aspen, provide options for where they can stay and what they can do. Aspen is a great city any time of year, and there’s so much to discover there.
Hotel Options for Weddings at The Little Nell
Here are options you can present to your guests so they can choose Aspen accommodations that work well for them:
- Stay at The Little Nell – this should be optional for your guests, but they’ll receive unparalleled service by booking a room at The Little Nell.
- Stay at another Downtown Aspen hotel – guests may prefer staying at another hotel within walking distance to the Little Nell. The St. Regis Aspen Resort is a neighboring five-star resort by Marriott, and the Aspen Mountain Lodge is a lower-cost three-star option less than a mile away.
- Rental Homes or Condos – Larger families may want to consider a home or condo rental. Various property management companies offer rentals, or you can look to Airbnb or VRBO.
Aspen Wedding Weekend Activities
Aspen offers an array of adventures any time of year. Here are activities to recommend to your guests, or for you to enjoy if you extend your wedding getaway into a relaxing mountain honeymoon:
- Skiing – it’s the ultimate Aspen activity. Experts and beginners alike can find a slope for them in this mountain city.
- Take in the Sights – The sightseeing options are limitless in Aspen. Independence Pass, Maroon Bells, and the John Denver Sanctuary offer scenic trails and views.
- Explore Downtown Aspen – World-class shopping, dining, and culture are right outside the doors of the Little Nell.
- Find Mountain Adventures for Any Season: In the winter, T-Lazy-7 Ranch offers snowmobile tours. In the summer, it’s an idyllic spot for horseback riding or fly fishing.
- Simply Relax – Kick back at a ski lodge, book a treatment at a downtown Hotel, or unwind in a hotel pool or hot tub.
An Exquisite Wedding at the Little Nell
Whether your style is notably refined or quietly upscale, a Mountain wedding at the Little Nell is sure to be simply incredible. Here are the top highlights of this Aspen wedding venue:
- Located right in Downtown Aspen, it’s the city’s most highly regarded hotel.
- Two outdoor ceremony spaces each accommodate up to 250 guests and are only accessible via gondola ride.
- Their two indoor reception spaces feature mountain views through the windows and can also be used for ceremonies of up to 500 guests.
- Two separate getting-ready spaces are included in wedding bookings
- You must use the hotel’s food and beverage services, but you are allowed to bring your own vendors, including your choice of Destination Wedding Videographer and photographer.
Contact Dgass Photography for professional images that tell the unique story of your wedding day while capturing Aspen’s unparalleled beauty.
Want to discover even more beautiful wedding locations? Check out some of our favorite Colorado Wedding Venues here.