Getting married in Colorado means you and your partner have access to some of the best wedding locations in the world. One of these places is Estes Park, Colorado. This charming town is packed with romantic venues, top tier services, and is located in the best state in America to get married in. Whether you’re looking for a small, modest venue or a grand, elegant one, Estes Park has something perfect for just about every couple.
3 Reasons to Get Married in Estes Park, Colorado
Located just an hour from Boulder and an hour and a half from Denver and the Denver International Airport, Estes Park is just a hop, skip, and jump away no matter where you’re coming from. Being so close to these major cities means you and your guests have access to just about everything. This northern Colorado town isn’t just easy to get to, it’s also close to several of the most popular locations in Colorado.
Another great reason to get married in Estes Park is the beauty of the region. Located at the entrance of Rocky Mountain National Park and surrounded by mountains and forests, Estes Park takes your breath away. Everywhere you look is a stunning vista or staggering peak, perfect for the most beautiful wedding pictures. If you and your partner are nature lovers, then Estes Park won’t disappoint.
Colorado has some of the most marriage-friendly rules and regulations of any state. That means that getting married in Estes Park, CO is incredibly easy. One benefit is that there are no waiting periods. Apply for your marriage license, fill it out, turn it into the County Clerk Office, and get married, all on the same day. The only thing to keep in mind is that you have 60 days to get married after obtaining your marriage license.
For couples who prefer a smaller wedding, Estes Park makes it easier for you too. Here in Colorado, you are allowed to perform your own wedding ceremony. Not only can you skip the officiant, but you also don’t need any witnesses. Getting married in Estes Park is easier than most cities around the country.
8 Best Wedding Venues in Estes Park, Colorado
The best reason to get married in Estes Park is the variety of wedding venues to choose from. Estes Park contains some of the most beautiful wedding venues in the state. With the white-capped Front Range as the backdrop to your wedding pictures, Estes Park is a town of many wonders.
The Stanley Hotel
The historical Stanley Hotel is one of the most famous spots in Estes Park. Being the inspiration for Stephen King’s The Shining, the Stanley Hotel is truly a sight to behold. Nestled up in the Rocky Mountains, this grand venue offers some of the most stunning views in Colorado.
The idyllic Stanley Hotel has the perfect venues for weddings of all sizes, like the Library Room, for smaller weddings, and the awe-inspiring Pavillion, for grandiose galas. No matter which venue you choose, your wedding is sure to impress.
Wedding Information for the Stanley Hotel
- Multiple wedding packages to choose from, including an engagement package, elopement package, and much more
- Guests: Less than 50 – 250
- Cost: Wedding packages start as low as $1000
- Location: 333 Wonderview Avenue Estes Park, CO 80517
- Contact Information: Call 1 (970) 577-4000, email email@example.com, or request a proposal here
Black Canyon Inn
Another stunning wedding venue in Estes Park is the Black Canyon Inn. This gorgeous resort sits in the shadows of the Rocky Mountains. The Black Canyon Inn treats you and your guests to some pretty astounding views of Longs Peak, Lumpy Ridge, and the Continental Divide.
A major reason to consider Black Canyon Inn is the convenience it provides. This resort gives you and your partner a complete wedding all in one place. From the rehearsal to the reception, Black Canyon Inn is the perfect location for your special day. You can even make it a honeymoon.
Wedding Information for Black Canyon Inn
- Offers a central location for your whole wedding celebration, with catering, on-site lodging, and an excellent planning staff
- Guests: 150 max
- Cost: Wedding packages start at $2000
- Location: 800 MacGregor Avenue Estes Park, CO 80517
- Contact Information: Call (970) 586-8113 or email Weddings@BlackCanyonInn.com
Estes Park Resort
An excellent option for a beautiful wedding venue in Estes Park is the Estes Park Resort. Sitting on Estes Lake and in view of the glorious Rocky Mountains, Estes Park Resort has some absolutely stunning locations for weddings and wedding pictures. This spectacular resort also has lodging for you and your guests, making it easy for everyone to come together and enjoy themselves on your perfect day.
Choose from the two indoor and two outdoor venues within the resort for your wedding. The two indoor venues include the Grand Ballroom and Mezzanine. For your outdoor options, check out the Outdoor Ceremony Gazebo and Lakeside Pavilion.
Wedding Information for Estes Park Resort
- Guests: Between 52 – 250
- Cost: Their pricing schedule can be viewed here
- Location: 1700 Big Thompson Ave, Estes Park, Colorado 80517
- Contact Information: Call 970-577-6400, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or request a proposal here
Rocky Mountain National Park
One of the most beautiful parks in the entire country calls Estes Park home: Rocky Mountain National Park. The park encompasses over 250,000 acres of wild forests, crystalline alpine lakes, and some of the highest mountains in the United States.
With 12 different locations within the park to choose from, including 3M Curve, Bear Lake, and Hidden Valley, you won’t have trouble finding the perfect venue for you and your partner. The most important thing to keep in mind when getting married at Rocky Mountain National Park is that this is a National Park and can’t sustain large wedding ceremonies. It’s the perfect place for smaller weddings, micro weddings, and elopements.
Wedding Information for Rocky Mountain National Park
- Choose from an incredible variety of pristine venues in the park
- Guests: Up to 30, depending on the venue
- Cost: $250 permit to get married in the park, increasing to $300 on October 1, 2020
- Location: 1000 US Hwy 36 Estes Park, CO 80517
- Contact Information: Call (970) 586-1209, complete this form, and email it here
SkyView at Fall River Village Resort
For a luxurious wedding with an incredible rooftop view, check out the SkyView at Fall River Village Resort. Fall River Village Resort combines elegant luxury with the rustic feel of Colorado mountain cabins, creating a truly unique and breathtaking wedding experience.
SkyView was opened in 2018 and has since become one of the most popular wedding venues in Estes Park, CO. Reserving this venue means you and your guests have private and exclusive use of the entire event center. The stunning views, rooftop ceremony, and ability to bring any licensed vendors and caterers make a wedding at SkyView a great choice.
Wedding Information for SkyView at Fall River Village Resort
- Reserving SkyView for your wedding includes a complimentary honeymoon suite for your wedding night
- Guests: Up to 110
- Cost: Fees are determined on an individual basis and depend on the wedding
- Location: 200 Filbey Court Estes Park, CO 80517
- Contact Information: Call (970) 325-6864 or email email@example.com for more information
Located a short 30-minute drive from Estes Park, in Lyons, Lionscrest Manor provides the ideal mountain wedding venue for you and your partner. This 50-acre estate in the mountains provides the perfect, secluded venue for a private and intimate wedding. Take in the gorgeous sites of the surrounding nature and wildlife while you and your partner say your “I do”s.
Lionscrest has three beautiful outdoor ceremony locations to choose from, including the Ceremony Lawn, North Exterior Balcony, and Courtyard. It also has two indoor locations to choose from: the French Door Archway and Ballroom Staircase. No matter where you choose to hold your ceremony, your wedding is sure to be an elegant and memorable event.
Wedding Information for Lionscrest Manor
- Enjoy a private wedding on a 50-acre estate in the Rocky Mountains
- Guests: As many as 250
- Cost: Rental fees start at $3500, be sure to request your individual pricing here
- Location: 603 Indian Lookout Rd, Lyons, CO 80540
- Contact Information: Call (303) 823-5337, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or request a quote here
Della Terra Mountain Chateau
At Della Terra Mountain Chateau, your dreams of a graceful wedding, surrounded by stunning natural vistas and rustic mountain architecture come true. A wedding at Della Terra Mountain Chateau is a private affair, as they only provide one wedding per day. It’s perfect for an intimate party with your closest family and friends.
Couples choose between an indoor ceremony at The Celebration Place or an outdoor celebration at The Devotion Place. Both choices are absolutely stunning. You and your guests have access to a bridal salon, dressing room, lounge, theater area, indoor and outdoor cocktail areas, a large dance floor, and much more. Della Terra Mountain Chateau may be the perfect wedding venue for you and your partner.
Wedding Information for Della Terra Mountain Chateau
- Celebrate your wedding in private by booking this elegant mountain chateau
- Guests: Up to 200
- Cost: For information about the cost and fees, check out this page and leave your name and email, or call them at (970) 586-2501
- Location: 3501 Fall River Rd Estes Park, CO 80517
- Contact Information: Call (970) 586-2501 or email email@example.com
If you’re looking for a unique wedding experience here in Estes Park, then you should check out The Barrel. This rustic beer garden provides the perfect environment for any eclectic and unique couple with a love and appreciation for good beer and whiskey. With indoor and outdoor options for your ceremony, The Barrel can accommodate large weddings, small weddings, and everything in between.
Getting married at The Barrel means you and your guests are sure to have a great time. With tabletop games, a pool table, corn-hoal boards, giant Jenga, and a 64 rotating tap list, it’ll be impossible not to have fun at your wedding.
Wedding Information for The Barrel
- You and your guests enjoy a unique, non-traditional wedding in this Bavarian-style craft beer garden
- Guests: 30 – 240
- Cost: For accurate pricing, make sure to fill out this form
- Location: 251 Moraine Avenue Estes Park, Colorado
- Contact Information: Call (970) 616-2090 or request information by filling out the form here
Get the Best Wedding Photography and Videography Services in Estes Park with Dgass Photography
One of the most important services to have for your wedding here in Estes Park is your photography and videography services. Make sure your wedding pictures are absolutely stunning by trusting the professionals at Dgass Photography. Not only are our photographers some of the best in the business, but they’re also very familiar with the area. This ensures you get access to the most beautiful locations that only a true guide would know about.
Give us a call at (402) 708-8812 today or send us a message here. You can also find some of the best tips and guides for all things wedding-related on our blog. Don’t forget to follow our Instagram and Facebook for updates and pictures of our latest work.