Micro wedding venues and elopements are growing more popular by the year, and it’s no wonder why. These small weddings are intimate, unique, and easy to plan. The best part of having a micro wedding or eloping might be the small wedding venues to choose from. Here in Colorado, we have some of the best small wedding venues in the country. The team here at Dgass Photography put together a list of the most beautiful small wedding venues in Colorado.
First up on our list, Chautauqua Park. Located in Boulder, CO, this beautiful park has something for everyone. From stunning views and breathtaking vistas, to some of the most beautiful hiking trails in Colorado. Chautauqua Park has multiple venues to choose from, making finding the right spot for you and your partner easy.
Chautauqua Park Wedding Information:
- 10 -150 guests
- Lodging includes 58 cottages and 2 lodges
- Catering provided in the Dining Hall
- For more information, call 303-952-1612 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Gazebo at Boettcher Mansion
Looking for a luxurious small wedding venue? Then Boettcher Mansion is the perfect place for you; specifically, the Gazebo. This Golden, CO gem should be on everybody’s shortlist when it comes to small wedding venues in Colorado. Set on top of Lookout Mountain, the gazebo sits amidst 110 acres of beautiful forest with a commanding view of the surrounding area.
The Gazebo at Boettcher Mansion Wedding Information:
- 0 – 20 guests
- $150 fee, with an additional $100 refundable deposit
- No catering provided
- Check here for more information or call 720-497-7630
One of the most beautiful places in Colorado is Rocky Mountain National Park. Every year, people seek out their perfect, natural wedding in the park. One of the most popular sites is known as the 3M Curve. Get married while overlooking the finest natural views that Colorado has to offer.
3M Curve Wedding Information:
- 15 guests and 3 cars allowed
- $300 wedding permit and $25 entrance fee per car
- Leave No Trace
- No bathrooms
- Check here for more information
Another popular small wedding venue in Rocky Mountain National Park is Bear Lake. Nature lovers from all over the country come to Colorado to marry their partner at this beautiful alpine lake. The crystalline waters of Bear Lake, reflecting the surrounding forest and mountains, create some of the most beautiful wedding pictures. Start planning your Bear Lake wedding today.
Bear Lake Wedding Information:
- 20 guests and 5 cars
- $300 wedding permit and $25 entrance fee for each vehicle
- Leave No Trace
- Weddings only allowed on weekdays, between Columbus and Memorial Day
- Easy access and there are bathrooms
- Check here for more information
Telluride Ski Resort – Alpino Vino
For skiers and mountain-lovers, look no further for your small wedding venue than Telluride Ski Resort; specifically Alpino Vino. Located at an elevation of 12,200 ft and surrounded by enormous snow-capped peaks, getting married at Alpino Vino is something special. Getting to this venue during the day requires some skiing, so keep that in mind when choosing your guests. Nighttime arrivals get a snowcat ride.
Alpino Vino Wedding Information:
- 28 guests
- $10,000 minimum, for food and beverages
- For more information, call (970) 728-7440 or email email@example.com
Piney River Ranch
Every year, people come from all over to experience a rustic, ranch-style wedding in Colorado. Piney River Ranch is one of the best options. Located at the foot of the Gore mountain range, Piney River Ranch commands some of the prettiest views around. The rustic ranch and sprawling meadows create the perfect place for beautiful pictures and a memorable day.
Piney River Ranch Wedding Information:
- 0 – 200 guests
- $7900 minimum for food and beverage, on site caterer
- firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, or call them at (303) 905-4439
Golden Gate Canyon State Park – Panorama Point
Another excellent park for your small wedding is Golden Gate Canyon State Park; specifically Panorama Point. This gorgeous location provides you and your guests with a stunning view of the wooded slopes of the Continental Divide. What better way to say “I do” than under the dappled light of a grove of Aspens, overlooking the Colorado mountainscape?
Panorama Point Wedding Information:
- 25 guests
- Limited seating: 6 picnic tables and several benches
- $150 fee and $9 park entrance fee per vehicle
- Leave No Trace
- Available camping spots and cabins for lodging
- Call (303) 582-3707 for more information or send a message to Goldengatepark@State.Co.Us
A popular wedding location in Colorado is the Keystone Resort. This sprawling resort offers five different venues, meaning you and your partner are sure to find the perfect spot. Keystone Ranch, Alpenglow Stube, Timber Ridge, and Ski Tip Lodge all offer unique and breathtaking views of the mountainous surroundings.
Keystone Resort Wedding Information:
- 0-260 guests, depending on the venue
- Request a proposal or call (970) 754-0055 for more info and pricing
- On-site catering services
- Available lodging for guests
One of the most unique options when it comes to small wedding venues is the Lyons Farmette. This charming little farm, run by Betsy and Mike, grows flowers and vegetables for local restaurants and weddings. Charm your guests with the assortment of fun farm animals.They even have a beverage burro named Betty, to provide your guests with cold drinks and a fun experience.
Lyons Farmette Wedding Information:
- 125 total guests
- $5,500 M-Th, $6000 F-S, and $7000 Sunday
- Lyons Farmette offers their own flowers and organic produce for your wedding
- Contact them here for information or send a message to email@example.com
Denver Botanic Garden
Having a small wedding at a botanic garden is a growing trend and the Denver Botanic Garden is the perfect choice here in Colorado. Whether you want a cozy, indoor wedding or an open-air, natural celebration, the Denver Botanic Garden has the perfect options for you and your partner. Get married surrounded by colorful gardens and greenery at the Denver Botanic Garden.
Denver Botanic Garden Information:
- Two locations: York Street and Chatfield Farms
- Fees and other information found here for York Street and here for Chatfield Farms
- Indoor and outdoor locations available
- Off-peak discounts available in November and between January – April
Looking for an elegant wedding venue in Denver? Stonebrook Manor is the place for you. This luxurious venue was designed with weddings in mind. This means you and your partner get the perfect wedding experience. The specially designed landscaping creates an oasis of peace and quiet for you and your guests.
Stonebrook Manor Wedding Information:
- Up to 300 guests
- Package prices range from $2700 – $8000
- Indoor and outdoor venue options
- Call (303) 255-0063 for more information
If you’re looking for a scenic, forested location for your special day, then check out Black Forest in Colorado Springs. Named for its high density of Ponderosa pines, Black Forest is the perfect location for a nature-lover’s small wedding.
Black Forest Wedding Information:
- No guest minimum or maximum
- Multiple packages to choose from
- Catering included in package
- Easy to access
- Leave No Trace
- Call (855) 655-7482 for more information or send a message here
Sapphire Point Overlook
Located in White River National Forest in Dillon, CO, Sapphire Point Overlook is an incredible choice for a small wedding. Sapphire Point Overlook sits at 9,500 ft above sea level, offering a staggering view of Dillon Reservoir and the Tenmile and Gore mountain ranges.
Sapphire Point Overlook Wedding Information:
- 35 guests and 22 parking spots available
- Location must be reserved here or by calling 1-877-444-6777
- $110 reservation fee
- No catering
- Leave no trace behind
Blackstone Rivers Ranch
The Blackstone Rivers Ranch offers a luxurious, elegant take on ranch weddings. This riverfront location has some of the most beautiful views around. Stunning mountains, lovely aspen groves, and the serene river provide perfect backdrops for your wedding photos and videos. If you book Blackstone Rivers Ranch for your small wedding or elopement, you get the entire place to yourself.
Blackstone Rivers Ranch Wedding Information:
- Elopement and Petite Wedding packages start as low as $1800
- 35 minutes from Denver
- For more information, check this link
The Little Nell
Located in beautiful Aspen, the Little Nell reins as the only five-star, five-diamond hotel in town. The Little Nell has multiple venues to choose from for your wedding ceremony, but we recommend taking it to the top. The Wedding Deck and Wedding Overlook rest at the end of an awe-inspiring gondola ride, more than 11,000 ft in altitude. Imagine being able to say “I do” up in the clouds.
The Little Nell Wedding Information:
- As few as 20 guests
- Request information on fees and packages here
- Incredible views of the surrounding mountains
- Available all year
Get Premium Wedding Photography and Videography Services for Your Special Day
After choosing the right small wedding venue for you and your partner, it’s time to start planning. Dgass Photography offers premium photography and videography services to document your small wedding or elopement. Our professional photographers capture the beauty and elegance of your special day.
Give us a call at (402) 708-8812 or message us here to get started. Head over to our blog for the latest tips to help plan your wedding. Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook and Instagram for up to date news and examples of our work.