The Farnam offers stylish downtown weddings in Omaha, Nebraska. Discover why we love getaways and events at this boutique hotel.
City weddings are chic, timeless events. But some places may be expensive or complicated for guests or you to travel to. For couples looking for an approachable yet stylish city wedding, Omaha Nebraska is a true gem. Rich with culture and history, this Midwestern City calls travelers of all styles to slow down, embrace new experiences, and have a great time.
One of the best places to host a wedding in Omaha is the Farnam, Autograph Collection. This sleek hotel boasts a convenient location, an attentive staff, and a stunning event space. Discover the best of Midwestern hospitality in an enchanting atmosphere – the Farnam is ready to welcome you and your guests for a simple yet elegant wedding getaway.
About the Farnam
Anyone visiting Omaha is sure to visit Old Market, a distinctly entertaining and historic neighborhood. And it’s here where you’ll find one of the city’s most modern and thoughtful hotels: The Farnam, Autograph Collection.
This boutique hotel embodies the best of Omaha’s past and present: its industrialism and entrepreneurship, its railroads and waterways. The attention to detail anchors the Farnam into place while offering guests the utmost comfort and service.
It’s All in the Details
Even if you’re choosing a convenient location for your wedding, you still want a place that offers a unique stay with striking beauty. Somewhere with personality and warmth, even as it offers modern comforts and timeless style.
The Farnam features thoughtful details that reflect Omaha’s spirit. Thought has been put into every corner: floors that represent scenic rivers, walls that conjure the lines and curves of railways, and common areas that invite socialization, creativity, and forward-thinking.
All of this supports accommodations that marry convenience and comfort. Here are a few of the reasons why we love this Omaha, Nebraska, hotel.
- The Farnam is a 120-room hotel under the Marriott Bonvoy program, so you can enjoy a boutique hotel stay with great loyalty opportunities.
- It’s less than 5 miles from Eppley Airfield (Omaha’s main airport) and within walking distance of amazing shopping, dining, and entertainment.
- The Farnam has an upscale restaurant on the property (Dynamite Woodfire Grill), along with a coffee shop and grab-and-go cafe.
- The Farnam is also home to Omaha’s largest outdoor cocktail bar – Catalyst Urban Lounge and Terrace. This indoor/outdoor lounge has creative drinks, delicious small bites, and a stylish city ambiance.
- Their spacious rooms feature floor-to-ceiling windows, walk-in showers, flat-screen TVs, and high-speed Wifi.
- The views at the Farnam are fantastic, and inside you can enjoy the design details that make this such a unique place.
Weddings at the Farnam, Autograph Collection
As a Nebraska wedding photographer, there are certain things we love to see in venues: natural lighting, service that gives the couple a stress-free experience, event spaces that are beautiful but not overpowering, and a convenient location.
The Farnam offers all that and more. This Omaha, Nebraska, wedding venue provides full-service planning for weddings and receptions. You can host up to 300 guests here, though groups of up to 200 will fit more easily. And any out-of-town attendees can enjoy the ease of staying at the wedding venue while being steps away from the city’s best attractions.
The Rosewater Ballroom offers the functionality and comforts of a classic event space with the views and detailing of a modern venue. Downtown Omaha is just outside the windows that cover three of its walls. And the vibe is industrial-light – a polished, modern room that honors Omaha’s industrialism while still being able to adapt to any wedding style.
Mingle and celebrate at your expertly-planned reception space, and have your first dance as Omaha shines behind you.
Your in-house catering will come from Dynamite Wood Fire Grill. The food and drinks will be creative and adored by guests – not your standard banquet fare.
And with indoor and outdoor spaces for small ceremonies and cocktail hours, the hotel can accommodate weddings of all shapes and sizes.
Have your rehearsal dinner or micro wedding at the Catalyst, the city’s largest cocktail terrace. In the warm months, you and your guests can dine under twinkling lights while looking out onto Omaha’s city skyline.
The Guest Experience
Your guests took time out of their lives for your wedding. Of course they did – you’re an incredible couple worth celebrating. But you still want to show them a great time, which extends from the actual wedding day to their entire time in Omaha.
The Farnam takes care of that in a variety of ways. For the wedding, they’ll provide impeccable food, drinks, and service that your guests will rave over.
And for those who stay at the hotel, they’ll experience a unique Omaha getaway that puts the icing on top of your metaphorical wedding cake.
Near the Best of Omaha
First, there’s the ease and convenience of hosting a wedding near the airport. It’ll take less than 15 minutes for guests to get to the hotel from the Omaha airport, so they rent a car or book a taxi or rideshare.
This kind of flexibility will continue once they’re checked into the Farnam. They can relax in their spacious rooms or hit the town. They’ll be staying right in Old Market, one of Omaha’s most lively places. Grab a creative meal or cocktail, pursue the upscale shops, or enjoy a show at a bar or theater.
The newly renovated Gene Leahy Mall at the Riverfront is also within walking distance of the Farnam. Here you can walk through a sculpture garden, catch a show at the performance pavilion, or take the kids to the slides and play structures.
You could easily have a fulfilling wedding getaway by staying within a few blocks of the Farnam, but guests who venture a bit farther than its downtown location will find even more Omaha adventures.
Read on to discover more great things to do by the Farnam and beyond.
- Farnam guests are a half mile away from the Durham Museum, The Omaha Children’s Museum, and the Heartland of America Park.
- The world-renowned Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium is just over 2 miles away.
- The Farnam is 2 miles away from The Bob Kerrey Pedestrian Bridge, which connects Nebraska with Iowa. On pretty days, walking here is so nice – plus, it’s the chance to stand in two states at once.
- Gambling guests will be 4 miles away from Horseshoe Council Bluffs, one of the area’s most popular casinos.
- In addition to Omaha’s unique attractions, the city is home to classic activities like ax throwing, escape games, brewery tours, and art galleries.
Choosing a Nebraska Wedding at the Farnam
Sure, Omaha isn’t typically associated with romance, but once you’re here you can’t help but feel a sense of love and adventure. Fun activities, great dining, and unique venues abound in this vibrant city.
And to get the full experience of an Omaha wedding, consider booking at the Farnam, Autograph Collection. This boutique hotel offers a chic, urban ambiance with all the personality and warmth of a midwestern getaway.
Ready to begin booking vendors for your wedding? Contact us today to learn about wedding photography and videography in Nebraska.