Modern luxury and classic mountain charm await couples who choose a Sonnenalp Hotel Vail Wedding. This dreamy resort offers an elegant yet easy experience with world-class service and incredible views.
We’ve put together our favorite features of Sonnenalp weddings in Vail, so keep reading to learn more and see if this is the venue for you.
The Location: Sonnenalp in Vail, Colorado
Vail is a year-round destination for Colorado residents and visitors alike. Home to the world’s largest ski resort along with lots of shopping and dining, there’s something for everyone in this picturesque, upscale village.
Right in the heart of Vail, you’ll find the Sonnenalp Hotel. It’s a European-inspired resort with about 130 rooms. It has incredible architecture and amenities yet still embodies the sense of community and nature that makes Rocky Mountain towns so alluring.
It’s about 100 miles from Denver to Vail, so it’s a true getaway that’s still convenient for guests to access.
Wedding Sites at Sonnenalp
Our favorite part of the hotel is Ludwig’s Terrace. It’s an all-glass space that allows you to enjoy the scenery year-round. You can have 100 guests in this unique spot, which can transform into an open-air space for warm-weather events.
The Ballroom is a fully indoor reception spot that can accommodate 160 people. Its old-world architecture reflects the hotel’s European elegance and the local mountain setting.
For your ceremony, you can wed outdoors in Sonnenalp’s creekside garden or choose the interfaith chapel across the street.
Your Sonnenalp Hotel Vail Wedding will be a luxurious experience that’s still close to nature. The food and drink will be top-notch, and you’ll be surrounded by unbeatable architecture and scenery.
Sonnenalp features many onsite activities, like a pool, spa, and golf. Plus, it’s walking distance to some of Vail’s best activities and attractions. So the wedding getaway will keep your entire group engaged and impressed.
On the wedding day, both partners can get ready separately at the hotel. As a photographer, I love the large, bright, uncluttered rooms at Sonnenalp. And the hotel’s great staff can help ensure the wedding party is happy and comfortable.
You can hire your choice of coordinator, but we recommend the Sonnenalp planning team. They’ll help you select decor, food, and drink and set everything up so your family won’t have to lift a finger.
The hotel grounds are so pretty that we won’t need to leave the property for beautiful Colorado wedding photography. But if you want some super-scenic mountain photos, we can include a first look nearby to get those in before the ceremony.
Sonnenalp offers in-house catering, and guests rave over the food. Not only can you host your wedding at the venue, but you can also plan rehearsal dinners, welcome parties, and day-after brunches here too.
The outdoor and indoor settings at Sonnenalp have a distinct look yet are a blank slate for most wedding styles.
Embrace the town’s mountain vibe for a folksy wedding, or have a chic soiree surrounded by the resort’s lush landscaping. Elevate Sonnenalp’s existing beauty with soft florals and dreamy lighting.
A Sonnenalp Hotel Vail Wedding will be gorgeous in any season, from white winter weddings to chic summer garden parties.
Your Wedding Guests at Sonnenalp
Most guests will turn your wedding into a weekend getaway, so be sure to give your guests options for accommodations and activities. You don’t need to entertain them for their entire stay, but putting together a wedding website with recommendations will ensure they have a great time.
Sonnenalp will be the most convenient location for guests to stay, but it’s not the only choice. The area boasts simple vacation rentals, cozy lodges, and upscale resorts.
Here are the 3 primary areas of Vail:
- Vail Village – This is the main area of town with postcard-worthy streets and quaint charm. It’s also where Sonennalp is, so a stay in the village will put your guests within walking distance of your wedding.
- Lionshead – This is another endearing village with a European-inspired vibe. It’s about a 10-15 minute walk from Lionshead to Vail Village, or you can use the town’s free bus to travel between the areas.
- East and West Vail – These quiet neighborhoods on the outskirts of Vail are just a short bus ride away from the main village.
Hotels and resorts in Vail Village or Lionshead will have higher-end pricing but allow you to have a fully immersive experience in this unique place. East and West Vail have lower-cost rentals that are still surrounded by the town’s beauty.
There is no shortage of activities in Vail. Whether your guests are having a family vacation or a romantic getaway, there is something for everyone in this Idyllic town.
- Skiing & Snowboarding: If you’re planning a snowy winter wedding, your guests will love hitting the slopes for a day of adventure
- Explore the Town: Vail features abundant shopping, dining, and sightseeing.
- Hiking: Summertime visitors can explore the surrounding mountains on foot. Explore miles of trails or check out the country’s highest botanical garden.
- Family Adventure Course: Adventurers can find lots to do in Vail even after the slopes close. Vail Epic Discovery offers fun for families with kids, including rock climbing, a kids zip line, and mini-golf.
- Spa Day: Guests who want to unwind will love the options in Vail. Many of the area’s top resorts (including Sonnenalp) offer world-class spas.
Why Have a Sonnenalp Hotel Vail Wedding
Whether you are drawn to this ski town’s unique atmosphere or the hotel’s luxe yet homey setting, a Sonnenalp wedding in Vail will be an unforgettable experience for you and your guests. Here is why couples love this beautiful venue:
- The Lively Yet Peaceful Town: There’s plenty to do in Vail, yet it’s a relaxing and quaint environment.
- Centrally Located: Sonnenalp is in the heart of Vail Village, offering lots to do within walking distance.
- Ludwig’s Terrace: This glass enclosure will allow you to enjoy Colorado’s natural beauty any time of year.
- Attentive Staff: The experienced team at Sonnenalp will help make sure your wedding is as perfect as possible.
- A Full Experience With Your Guests: Sonnenalp will help you create a weekend-long wedding experience with your loved ones, allowing you to slow down and truly enjoy everything.